North Atlantic Right Whale | Wood Sticker
Got a water bottle, car, computer, or phone that needs some unique decorating? Slap this wood sticker on it! We promise you won't be disappointed with this North Atlantic Right Whale design!
Every year billions of toxic vinyl stickers are produced, ultimately littering the land and waterways. Since our launch in 2017 we’ve been asked to produce stickers. We said no… until we met the folks who make 100% biodegradable wood stickers right here in Colorado. So we quickly launched our Animal Line. 99% of the species in our line are considered threatened or endangered. You’ll love these stickers. We do!
The reason that these docile ocean mammals are so endangered is for the same reason that they got their name - they were the “right” whales to hunt for oil. Due to their large fat content and tendency to stay close to shores, whalers considered right whales the most prized catch, and it wasn’t until the 1930s that they went under environmental protection. Unfortunately, their numbers have yet to increase to a healthy amount, and there are currently only about 400 North Atlantic Right Whales left in the world. They are declining so quickly, that this whale might be extinct by 2040. Let’s help give their name a new definition by coming together and doing the “right” thing for these amazing animals by showing them our love and support.
- Material - bendable, waterproof, and can be stuck to anything
- Wood - sustainability sourced from responsibly managed forest and timber operations
- Ink - the process uses no water which is more environmentally friendly and is biodegradable
- Adhesive - this material is stickier then any other sticker material we’ve encountered and it’s plant based. We think that’s awesome. Power to the plants.
- Backing - wax impregnated paper
- Packaging - the plastic section of the packaging for the stickers is made with renewable materials that will break down in home and industrial composting, and is capable of marine biodegradation. The paper can be recycled. That means no waste. At all.
- Sizing - 2 1/2 x 4 inches
With every sale you are supporting an organization working hard to fight for the North Atlantic Right Whale.